Wednesday, August 18, 2010


So i just remembered this thought i had the other day.


it was that toss and turn night, where your mind won't sleep and your body wants to.

My mind won't disconnect from my body, and i can't drift off to sleep. So instead I entertain a thought. I thought if i had the chance to evacuate all things from my apartment, and had the space for my pure enjoyment I would utilize the room by building a grand tree.
When I mean tree, I meant a sculptured tree I built. When you think of tree, I'm thinking of a great oak tree.
I'm thinking this tree comes out of the ground, and the roots are entering and exiting the floor as if it was growing straight from the wooden floor. When it hits the ceiling, its like it hit a cloud, and it enters in and out of the cloud. I'm thinking it has long branches that even hit into the walls. Some of these branches have built in seats, so my guests can sit and lounge in these branches as if kids in their backyard tree with a swinging tire. I would even entertain the idea with things hanging from the tree, such as lanterns, christmas lights, and a bird cage with gadgets and Knick-knacks. Maybe a rised platform surrounds the tree, so you'll be able to sit closer to the branches from the ground. Maybe the ground surrounding the platform has rugs that are in shades of deep blue. When you sleep, you sleep in your sleeping bag or a cot with the lanterns on, so it's like you're sleeping outside. You sleep well because its peaceful and harmonious. it's also an escape from the city.



this thought was strongly influenced by Tim Hawkinson's piece, but the tree shape would be different.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
theres a little monster inside each and everyone of us. i never said what type. (what you'll find in this blog are things that keep me entertained)